1. I ignore important tasks when I drink, then in the morning I feel terrible that I didn’t get things done.
2. I sleep like crap. I wake up at 2-3 am – then it takes me ages to fall back asleep. I end up tired in the morning and not able to give my best at all.
3. Besides being tired I generally feel like crap. Not really hung over, but not good.
4. It’s just throwing money down the drain- or my throat.
5. I end up angry at myself when I drink for choosing to drink when I know it’s an awful decision. Waking up berating yourself is a horrible way to start your day. I end up starting my day feeling defeated and guilty. It rarely improves from there.
6. When I don’t drink, I feel better physically in the morning. I rarely had awful hangovers, but just felt blah.
7. When I don’t drink, I wake up in a better space mentally, which starts my day so much better.
8. When I don’t drink, I think more clearly throughout the day. I feel more in control.
9. When I don’t drink I feel proud of myself and more like a functioning,responsible adult.
10. I sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed instead of ick.